The Office of the Queensland Mine Rehabilitation Commissioner publishes documents to raise awareness of mine rehabilitation matters and support the Queensland community to build a better understanding of how we can achieve positive social, environmental and economic outcomes around mine rehabilitation.
View research on leading practice advice on mine rehabilitation matters.
Join the Queensland mine rehabilitation community to be kept informed as we publish new material.
The links below provide further information in relation to mined land rehabilitation and other related research topics. The documents are from a range of sources, including Queensland, Australian and International Governments, Centres of Excellence, Environment and Community groups and Industry groups.
It is important to note that the views expressed by these links do not represent the views, opinions, policy or advice of the Office of the Queensland Mine Rehabilitation Commissioner and are included purely for information purposes only.
Queensland government sites
Queensland Government Acts
- Mineral and Energy Resources (Financial Provisioning) Act 2018
- Environmental Protection and other Legislation Amendment Act 2020 and the explanatory notes
- Environmental Protection Act 1994
Queensland rehabilitation reform
Other Australian state governments
New South Wales
- Information on the SA Government Extractive Areas Rehabilitation Fund
- Information on the SA Government policy on progressive rehabilitation
- Dept of Mine, Industry Regulation and Safety—numerous environment guides including those that relate to mine closure and rehabilitation for petroleum and minerals.
A list of policies is also available.
- WA Gov Mine Rehabilitation Fund
- The WA Environmental Protection Authority as information on post mine rehab
- Canadian Government’s Northern Abandoned Mine Reclamation Program information
Centres and universities
Centres of excellence
- UQ Centre for Mined Land Rehabilitation
- University of New South Wales Australian Centre for Sustainable Mining Practices
- Curtin University ARC Centre for Mine Sight Restoration
University of Western Australia
- Mining Innovation Network—The networks offers short course on the Rehabilitation of Mined Landscapes.
Western Australian Biodiversity Science Institute (WABSI)
- Western Australian Biodiversity Science Institute (WABSI)
An independent institute and joint venture partnership with several universities and research centres Including UWA, Curtin Uni, Murdoch Uni, CSIRO and WA Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety.
- Mine rehabilitation closure
- AusIMM—Australian based organisation for people working in the resources sector
- ICMM International Council on Mining and Metals—Integrated Mine Closure good practice guide
- Mining Association of Canada
- The Canadian Land Reclamation Association/Association
- US National Mining Association